BHEL[BHARAT HEAVY ELECTRICALS LIMITED] is inviting online Application form for 800 engineering posts in different disciplines.
Number Of vacancies are given here:
How to apply:
- First of all keep in mind only candidates who are going to give GATE EXAM 2012 are Eligible for the vacancies.
- The score obtain in GATE 2012 will be utilized by BHEL.
- Candidate are to be required to apply online registration for BHEL separately.
- In this online registration Candidate is to give his/her GATE 2012 registration Number
For Applying Online For BHEL:
1.Candidates may read the instructions given on this website (http://careers.bhel.in) carefully and fill-in the on-line application form giving accurate information including the GATE-2012 registration number. The website for applying on-line will be opened only on 04thJanuary 2012.
2. GEN/OBC candidates are required to make a payment of Rs. 100/- as processing fee (nonrefundable). The fee can be paid in any branch of State Bank of India across the Country, to Power Jyoti A/c No. 30989466064. SC/ST/PH candidates are exempted from payment of this fee.
3. On submission of online application, the system will generate an Acknowledgement Slip having a unique Acknowlegement No.
4. Candidates should take a print out of the Acknowledgement Slip, affix a copy of the same photograph used for GATE-2012, sign at the space provided and send it to :
THE SENIOR MANAGER
ROOM NO. 29, HR DEPARTMENT
MAIN ADMIN BUILDING
HEEP, BHEL, RANIPUR
HARIDWAR – 249403
along with the BHEL challan copy of Rs. 100/-
5. The passport size photograph affixed by the candidate should be the same s ubmitted along with GATE-2012 application form. In case the candidate is called for interview, he/she should bring with him/her the GATE-2012 admit card, GATE-2012 official score card and other relevant documents which will be mentioned in the interview call letter.
|Bachelor’s degree holders in Engineering /Technology (4 years after 10 +2 ) / or Five year integrated Master’s degree or Dual Degree programme in Engineering or Technology in the disciplines of Mechanical /Electrical /Electronics Engineering.
|Engineering degrees from professional societies recognized by UPSC/AICTE ( eg. AMIE by
Institute of Engineers(India)) as equivalent to BE/B Tech in the in the disciplines of Mechanical
/Electrical /Electronics Engineering
|For the above disciplines for the post of Engineer Trainee, candidates with Engineering Degree
in some other disciplines will also be considered, for which they will, however take the GATE-
2012 exam in one of the relevant BHEL advertised discipline
|Other discipline to be considered against BHEL discipline
|| 1. Industrial and Production Engineering
2. Industrial Engineering
3. Mechanical Production and Tool Engineering
4. Production Technology Manufacturing
Engineering (NIFFT Ranchi)
6. Manufacturing Process and Automation
7. Power Plant Engineering
8. Production Engineering
9. Production and Industrial Engineering
10. Thermal Engineering
11. Manufacturing Technology
| Electrical Engineering
|| 1. Electrical & Electronics
2. Electrical, Instrumentation & Control
3. High Voltage Engg.
4. Power Systems & High Voltage Engg
5. Electrical Machine
6. Electronics & Power
7. Power Electronics
8. Power Plant Engineering.
9. Energy Engineering
|| 1. Electronics & Telecommunication
3. Electronics & Instrumentation
4. Electronics & Power
5. Electronics Design & Technology
6. Electronics & Biomedical
7. Applied Electronics
8. Power Electronics
9. Electronics & Communication
10. Electrical & Electronics
11. Industrial Electronics
13. Electronics & Control
14. Control & Instrumentation
Upper Age Limit (years) as on 01/08/2012
27 Years for Graduates in Engineering/ Technology
(Candidates born before 01/08/1985 are not eligible to apply)
29 years for full time Post Graduates in Engineering or Business
Administration/Management with basic degree in Engineering
(Candidates born before 01/08/1983 are not eligible to apply)
Note: Candidates currently in final year of their engineering studies may also apply. However, if selected,they must be in a position to submit their final mark sheet by 20th August, 2012.
RESERVATION & RELAXATION:
1. Upper age limit is relaxable as under :-
• SC/ST – by 5 years
• OBC (NCL) – by 3 years*
• Physically Challenged – by 10 years for General, 13 years for OBC (NCL) and 15 years for
* For getting the reservation benefits under OBC category:
a. The name of caste and community of the candidate must appear in the Central list of Other
Backward Classes and the candidate must not belong to creamy layer.
b. The candidate needs to furnish their r ec ent OBC –non creamy layer (NCL) certificate as
per the format prescribed by Government of India.
2. Relaxation in age for Ex-Servicemen will be as per extant Govt. rules.
3. Upper age limit is relaxable by 5 years for the candidates who had ordinarily been domiciled in the
state of Jammu & Kashmir during the period from 1/1/1980 to 31/12/1989.
Selection process will comprise of GATE 2012 score of the candidates in the concerned disciplines & performance in Interview .
1. The candidates will be shortlisted for interview on the basis of GATE-2012 score in order of merit in the ratio of 1:3 to the number of vacancies in each discipline in each category.For Physically challenged candidates, relaxation of 20% below the cut-off marks will be provided.
2. Final selection panels shall be prepared by assigning a weightage of 75% for GATE-2012 score and 25% to Interview marks.
For applying the above ratio, initially, all UR candidates of each discipline of Engineering along with such reserved category candidates of that discipline, who do not avail any relaxation, will be grouped together and then arranged in descending order of GATE-2012 score and candidates, shall be called for interview in the ratio of 1: 3 in UR category.
After this, candidates belonging to OBC/SC/ST categories, who are not shortlisted for interview as UR, shall be regrouped with their respective categories for further consideration in their respective categories and candidates will be called for interview in the prescribed ratio of 1:3.
Later on, at the time of final selection, the same exercise will be carried out.
Candidates finally selected by BHEL will have to undergo a Medical Examination before joining.
Candidates should have sound health which will be assessed by Company’s Authorized Medical Officer
and the appointment will be subject to meeting the health standards prescribed by the Company.
For Persons With Disabilities
The definition of Locomotor Disability and Hearing Impairment, for reservation in number of vacancies in BHEL, for Physically Challenged candidates under ‘The Persons with Disabilities (Equal Opportunities, Protection of Rights and Full Participation) Act, 1995‘, are as under :
Locomotor Disability – minimum 40% of physical defect or deformity which causes an interference with the normal functioning of the bones, muscles and joint.
Hearing Impairment– loss of sixty decibels or more in the better ear in the conversational range of frequencies.
The Ph.Ch. candidates are required to furnish duly stamped Medical Certificate in relation to their disability from Government Hospital or Medical Board attached to Special Employment Exchange for the handicap.
TRAINING & EMOLUMENTS:
Candidates joining BHEL as Engineer Trainees will undergo training for one year. During training, basic pay of Rs.20600/- in the scale of pay of Rs.20600-46500/- will be paid. After successful completion of training, the trainees will be absorbed as Engineers in the scale of pay of Rs.24900-50500/- with a basic pay of Rs.24900/-. For the above post, besides Basic Pay, Industrial Dearness Allowance, Perks and others allowances admissible under the Company Rules will be payable during training/after absorption.
SERVICE AGREEMENT BOND:
Candidates joining BHEL as Engineer Trainees will have to execute a service agreement bond of Rs.2,00,000/- (Rupees Two Lakhs only) to serve the Company (or any Government Department or Undertaking at the discretion of the Company) for a period of three years after successful completion of training. Candidates will also be required to furnish a Surety Bond executed by parents/ guardian/ reliable surety.
No request for transfer or change in place of posting shall be entertained for the first five years of service including the training period, unless transferred by the Company in Organizational interest. In case any outside influence is brought upon any superior authority in this matter, it will be construed as a misconduct as per Rule 17 of the BHEL Conduct, Discipline and Appeal Rules, 1975.
1. Candidates presently employed in Central/ State Government, Autonomous bodies, PSUs may apply through ‘Proper channel’ or submit ‘No Objection Certificate’ at the time of interview from their employer.
2. Candidates are advised to possess a valid e-mail ID, which is to be entered in the on-line Application Form. They are also advised to retain this e-mail ID active for atleast one year as any important intimation to the candidates shall be provided by BHEL through e-mail. They are further requested to check regularly their e-mail for any communication from BHEL in this regard.
3. Candidates belonging to OBC category, but coming in creamy layer will not be entitled to the benefit of reservation and should apply as General Category candidate.
4. Candidates not found to be meeting the prescribed eligibility criteria shall be rejected at any stage of the selection process
5. Category (SC/ ST/ OBC/ Ph.Ch.) should be carefully filled-up in the application form, as the same will normally not be allowed to be changed later. Also, in the event of finally being appointed, if it is found that such a statement was wrong, the candidate will be liable for suitable actions including termination and prosecution.
- Commencement on-line Submission of applications : 12th September 2011
- Last date for on-line submission of Applications :17th October 2011
- Date of GATE exam for disciplines of vacancies advertised by BHEL :12th February 2012.
- Opening of BHEL recruitment website for viewing detailed advertisement :12th September 2011
- Opening of BHEL recruitment website for online submission of applications :04th January, 2012
- Last date of submission of online application :28th January, 2012
- Last date of receipt of Acknowledgment Slips at BHEL :22nd February 2012( 29th February 2012 – for candidate belonging to North East and far flung area)
Note: The above dates are tentative and may be confirmed from concerned websites from time to time.
For departmental candidates (BHEL Regular Employees only):-
- Departmental candidates should have served the company for minimum of one year service after training/regularization, if any, in the grade to which they have been recruited.
- There is no upper age limit for departmental candidates
- Departmental Candidates having a Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering in any branch of Engineering may take the Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering – 2012 in any one of the 3 discipline advertised i.e Mechanical/Electrical/Electronics.
To Apply Online Click: BHEL Recruitment-2012
You Can Also Try: Recruitment-2012