Vacancies exist in Unreserved and reserved, i.e. OBC (NCL), SC and ST categories and have also been identified and earmarked for OH (OL) – Orthopedic Handicapped (One Leg), HH (PD) – Hearing Handicapped (Partially Deaf) candidates.
UPPER AGE LIMIT:
28 years as on 31.12.2011
|Course||Discipline||Percentage of Marks|
|Full Time B.E./ B.Tech/ B.Sc (Engg) from recognized University/Institute|| Electrical/
Electrical and Electronics/
| Minimum 65% or
Equivalent CGPA *
|AMIE||Electrical||Minimum 65% with both Sections A & B cleared by 31.03.2012|
Final Year / Semester students who expect their results by 31.07.2012 are also eligible, provided they have obtained 65% marks or equivalent CGPA in aggregate of all semesters/years up to pre-final examination.
The Selection Process consists of GATE – 2012 score, Group Discussion & Personal Interview.Eligible candidates will have to appear for the Electrical Engineering (EE) paper of GATE Exam – 2012. Candidates shall be short-listed for Group Discussion & Personal Interview based on their score in GATE Exam – 2012 and as per the criteria decided by the Management.
Please note that only GATE-2012 score is valid for this recruitment exercise. GATE score of 2011 or prior is not valid.
Candidates who qualify in the Group Discussion & Personal Interview as per the criteria decided by the Management will only be adjudged suitable for empanelment. The Offer of Appointment shall be issued to the suitable candidates in the order of merit and based on the requirement. Appointment of selected candidates will be subject to their being found medically fit in the Pre-Employment Medical Examination to be conducted as per POWERGRID Norms and Standards of Medical Fitness.
The Corporation offers a very attractive pay package and is one of the best in the Industry. Selected candidates will be placed in the pay scale of ` 24900-50500 during the one-year training period. On successful completion of training, the candidates will be absorbed as Engineer. The approximate CTC per annum are as follows:
|During Training||6.6 lakhs per annum|
|After Training||12.09 lakhs per annum|
Compensation package includes Basic Pay, Dearness Allowance, Perquisites and Allowance as per cafeteria approach, Performance Related Pay, Company Leased Accommodation / Company Quarter or HRA, Reimbursement of monthly conveyance expenditure, mobile facility, etc.
The Corporation also offers excellent facilities like Short and Long term Loans & Advances including House Building Advance, Medical facilities for self and dependents, Group Insurance, Personal Accident Insurance, PF, Gratuity and Pension.
SERVICE AGREEMENT BOND:
The selected candidates will be required to execute a service agreement bond to successfully complete the prescribed training period and thereafter serve the organization for at least three years. The amount of the bond is `1,00,000/- for General/OBC (NCL) candidates and ` 50,000/- for SC/ST/PH candidates.
HOW TO APPLY:
1. Candidates have to register themselves and appear for GATE exam-2012 in Electrical Discipline (Code EE).
2. A separate notification with details regarding number of vacancy in each category, important dates related to submission of POWER GRID online application, date of interview etc. shall be hosted on our website, from 4th January 2012.
3. Candidates have to register themselves online at POWER GRID website with details of their GATE registration number and other required information, which will be made available at CAREER section of www.powergridindia.com from 4th January 2012.
4. There is no separate fee for applying in POWER GRID.
5. Group Discussion and Personal Interview are likely to be conducted in the month of April/May 2012.
6. Please note that online registration for GATE -2012 closes on 17th October 2011 (23:00 hrs)
7. For details on GATE Exam -2012, please visit http://gate.iitd.ac.in/GATE
8. Candidates working in Govt. / PSU are required to produce “No Objection Certificate” at the time of Interview.
9. All information regarding this recruitment process would be made available in the career section of POWER GRID website only. Applicants are advised to check the web site periodically through the Candidate Login.
Commencement of POWER GRID Online Registration 4 Jan 2012
Last date for POWER GRID Online Registration 15 Feb 2012