JUNIOR ENGINEERS (CIVIL, MECHANICAL, ELECTRICAL,QUANTITY SURVEYING AND CONTRACT) EXAMINATION, 2012
Staff Selection Commission [SSC
Date of Exam: 08.04.2012
Closing Date : 10.02.2012
1 Staff Selection Commission will hold a Combined All India Open Examination on 08.04.2012 for recruitment to the posts of JUNIOR ENGINEER (CIVIL) and JUNIOR ENGINEER (ELECTRICAL) in Central Public Works Department (CPWD) and Department of Posts, JUNIOR ENGINEER (CIVIL), JUNIOR ENGINEER (ELECTRICAL & MECHANICAL), JUNIOR ENGINEER (Quantity Surveying & Contract) in Military Engineering Service (MES), JUNIOR ENGINEER (CIVIL & MECHANICAL) in Central Water Commission (CWC) and Farakka Barrage, for which Degree or Diploma in Civil or Electrical or Mechanical Engineering from an institution recognized by Govt. of India or equivalent qualification is the minimum qualification. The Examination will comprise of a Written Examination followed by Interview.
2. The Commission will not undertake detailed scrutiny of applications for the eligibility and other aspects at the time of written examination and, therefore, the application is accepted only provisionally. The candidates are advised to go through the requirements of educational qualification, age etc. and satisfy themselves that they are eligible before applying. Copies of supporting documents will be sought only from those candidates who qualify for the Interview. When scrutiny is undertaken, if any claim made in the application is not found substantiated, the candidature will be cancelled and the Commission?s decision shall be final.
3. FEE: RUPEES ONE HUNDRED ONLY (Rs. 100/-)
Fee is exempted for all Women candidates and candidates belonging to Scheduled Caste, Scheduled Tribe, Physically Handicapped, and Ex-Servicemen, as per Govt. orders.
4. CLOSING DATE : 10.02.2012 (upto 5.00 PM). For candidates residing in Assam, Meghalaya, Arunachal Pradesh, Mizoram, Manipur, Nagaland, Tripura, Sikkim, Jammu and Kashmir, Lahaul and Spiti District and Pangi Sub Division of Chamba District of Himachal Pradesh, Andaman and Nicobar Islands, Lakshadweep and for candidates residing abroad – 17.02.2012.
APPLICATIONS RECEIVED LATE WILL NOT BE ENTERTAINED.
5. Only a single application will be entertained. Candidature in respect of multiple applications will be summarily rejected.
6. MOBILES AND OTHER ELECTRONIC GADGETS ARE BANNED WITHIN THE PREMISES OF THE EXAMINATION CENTRES.
7. CANDIDATES MAY SEND APPLICATION IN THE PRESCRIBED FORMAT BY POST OR APPLY ON LINE. FACILITY OF ON-LINE APPLICATION WILL BE AVAILABLE FROM 14.01.2012 TO 10.02.2012 FOR PART II REGISTERATION AND UPTO 08-02-2012 FOR PART-1 REGISTRATION. CANDIDATES APPLYING ON-LINE SHOULD RETAIN THE REGISTRATION NUMBER ASSIGNED TO THEM ONLINE AND DETAILS OF PAYMENT OF FEE FOR FURTHER CORRESPONDENCE WITH THE COMMISSION. THEY SHOULD NOT SUBMIT PRINT OUTS OF THEIR APPLICATION TO THE COMMISSION.
F.No. 3/1/2011- P&P-II: Staff Selection Commission will hold on Sunday, the 08.04.2012, an open competitive examination for recruitment to the post of Junior Engineer (Civil & Electrical ) in CPWD and Junior Engineer (Civil) in Department of Posts, Junior Engineer (Civil & Mechanical) in CWC and Farakka Barrage and Junior Engineer (Civil, Mechanical, Electrical and Quantity Surveying and Contracts) in MES, a Group ?B‘ Non-Gazetted, Non Ministerial post, classified as General Central Service (Technical) in the Pay Band of Rs.9300-34800/- plus Grade Pay Rs.4200/-, all over the country.
VACANCIES / RESERVATION :
CPWD : 192 for Junior Engineers(Civil) & 186 for Junior Engineers(Electrical)
CWC: 82 for Junior Engineers(Civil) & 23 for Junior Engineers(Mech)
MES: 155 for Junior Engineers(Civil) & 91 for Junior Engineers(Electrical/Mech)
13 for JE(Quantity Surveying & Contracts)
Farakka Barrage: will be determined in due course.
Deptt. Of Post : will be determined in due course
The vacancy position may vary.
AGE LIMIT :
(i) 18-27 years for Junior Engineer (Civil & Electrical) in CPWD and Department of Posts
(ii) Not exceeding 30 years for Junior Engineer (Civil) and Junior Engineer (Electrical & Mechanical) in MES
(iii) Upto 32 years for Junior Engineers (Civil & Mechanical) in CWC and Farakka Barrage.
(iv) 18-27 Years for Junior Engineers(Quantity Surveying and Contract) in MES
MINIMUM ESSENTIAL EDUCATIONAL QUALIFICATIONS (As on normal closing date):
||Educational and Other Qualification
|| Junior Engineer (Civil & Electrical), CPWD
|| Diploma in Civil or Electrical or Mechanical Engineering from an institution recognized by the Central Government or equivalent qualification.
|| Junior Engineer (Civil & Electrical), Department of Posts
|| Three years Diploma or equivalent in Civil Engineering or Electrical Engineering from an institution recognized by the Central Government or State Government.
|| (a) Junior Engineer (Civil), MES
(b) Junior Engineer (Electrical & Mechanical), MES
(c)Junior Engineer(QS&C) MES
| Degree in Civil Engineering from a recognised Unversity
I)Three years Diploma in Civil Engineering from a recognised Institute or University or Board; and
(II) Two years experience in Planning, Execution and Maintenance of Civil Engineering works.Degree in Electrical or Mechanical Engineering from a recognised University;
(I) Three years diploma in Electrical or Mechanical Engineering from a recognised Institute or University or Board; and
(II) Two years experience in Planning, Execution and Maintenance of Electrical or Mechanical Engineering works.
(i)3 years Diploma in Civil engineering from a recognised intitiution/University/Board or equivalent;
(ii) Passed Intermediate examination in Building and Quantity Surveying Sub Div.II of the institute of Surveyors(India).
|| Junior Engineer (Civil & Mechanical), CWC and Farakka Barrage.
|| Degree or Diploma in Civil or Mechanical Engineering from a recognised University or Institution
MODE OF PAYMENT FEE PAYABLE Rs.100/- (Rupees One Hundred only):
(i) For the candidates sending the application by post:
The candidates submitting Paper application should pay the fee by means of “Central Recruitment Fee Stamps (CRFS)” only. CRFS are available at the counter of all Departmental Post Offices of the country. Recruitment Fee Stamps should be pasted on the application form in the space earmarked for the purpose and got cancelled from the Counter of Post Office of issue with the date stamp of the Issuing Post Office in such a manner that the impression or the cancellation stamp partially overflows on the Application Form itself, taking care at the same time that the impression is clear and distinct to facilitate the identification of date and Post Office of issue at any subsequent stage. After getting the Recruitment Fee Stamps cancelled from the Post Office, the candidate must submit their application to the concerned Regional Office/Sub Regional Offices of the Commission in the usual manner after completing other formalities.
(ii) For the candidates submitting their applications on-line:
The candidates submitting their applications on-line should pay the requisite fee only through State Bank of India Challan or using on-line payment facility of State Bank of India.
NOTE I: Fee once paid will not be refunded under any circumstances.
NOTE II: Fee paid by modes other than CRFS for off-line applications and SBI in case of online application will not be accepted and the applications of such candidates will be rejected forthright and the payment made shall stand forfeited. Candidates submitting their application online shall make their payment through the State Bank of India as per instructions (Annexure-II B).
NOTE III: Candidates may please note that non-cancellation of stamps from the concerned Post Office in the manner indicated above, will lead to rejection of his/her application form. Therefore, it is in the interest of candidates that they get the CRFS cancelled from the concerned Post Office.
SCHEME OF EXAMINATION:
The examination will be conducted in two stages:
A. Written Test (500 marks)
B. Interview (100 marks)
Sheets will be provided
for this Paper)
| (i) General Intelligence &
(ii) General Awareness
(iii) Part –A
(Civil & Structural)
| 2 Hours
[10.00 AM to 12.00 Noon]
| Part –A General Engineering
(Civil & Structural)
Part – B General Engineering
Part-C General Engineering
|| 2 Hours
[2.00 PM to 4.00 PM]
for more information click on this link
FOR Latest Update About New Jobs And News You Can See Jobs 2012